Oh, hothouse flowers, how I was drawn to thee like a moth to a flame….Taking advantage of a beautiful setting while house sitting for a neighbor, I decided it was the perfect backdrop for showcasing my new favorite trend while enjoying a view of Manhattan on a gorgeous summer day.
I went into Zara to return a previous purchase and ended up making an exchange–An experience I bet you’re familiar with. I just love this jacket! Zara is featuring so many bold, bright and beautiful prints for their blazers right now but this particular location had only one in XL and now it’s mine! Right next to the jacket I found the perfect pair of shorts to keep me cool in this weather and to help satisfy my need for brights.
I went with a basic white ribbed tank underneath to keep the jacket and shorts as the main focus. Then I layered on some lipstick from Nars, of course! I accessorized this look with pieces from Forever 21. I often just run in there and buy every accessory that catches my eye. If I wear it, great and if I don’t it’s not a huge hit to the wallet.I finished the ensemble off with my favorite brown leather belt from Argentina. To this day I am still regretting that I didn’t buy more leather while I was there!
What do you think of my Hothouse look?
Shop Aimee’s Look:
- Chadwicks – The Garden Jean Jacket
- Kohls – Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Denim Bermuda Shorts
- Bloomingdales – Elieen Fisher Plus Size Organic Cotton Long Camisole
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Michael Kors Roxanne Wrap-Strap Patent Leather Heels
- Piperlime – Gorjana Chloe Stud Earrings
- Shopbop – Kenneth Jay Lane Chain Textured Bib Necklace