- Quick Summary: 7 Best Spanx Nursing Bra
- Reviews of the 7 Best Spanx Nursing Bra
- 1. Best Overall: Bra-Llelujah Spanx Mama Nursing Bra
- 2. Best Comfortable: Simply Sublime Seamless Kindred Bravely Wireless Nursing & Maternity Nursing Bra
- 3. Best Sleep-in Nursing Bra: French Terry Racerback Kindred Bravely Nursing Sleep Maternity Bra
- 4. Best Pumping Maternity Bra: Seamless Wireless Ultra-Comfort Momcozy Pregnancy Breastfeeding Maternity Sleeping Bralette
- 5. Best Skin-to-Skin Contact Nursing Bra: Seamless Body Silk Wireless Bravado Designs Maternity Nursing Bra
- 6. Best Nursing Sports Bra: Seamless Wireless Racerback Playtex Women’s Nursing Maternity Crop YYCEUS
- 7. Best Laced Nursing Bra: Lightly Padded Supportive Wireless Lace WonderMoms Nursing Bra
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Nursing Bra
When I had my first child one of the biggest issues was finding a bra I really liked that could conform to my curves and make me look great without sacrificing comfort. Every nursing mother should equip herself with a functional nursing bra that is comfortable and makes them feel and look amazing, that’s why today we’ll focus on the Spanx line of nursing bras.
In this article, we’ve reviewed the seven best Spanx nursing bra ideas. Spanx is a leading maternity clothing brand and a specialist in women’s shapewear. To make your selection easy and fast, stay read through our recommendations.
Quick Summary: 7 Best Spanx Nursing Bra
|Best Overall: Bra-Llelujah Spanx Mama Nursing Bra|
“The best wrap-over modern nursing bra.”
|Best Comfortable: Simply Sublime Seamless Kindred Bravely Wireless Nursing & Maternity Nursing Bra|
“Seamless wireless maternity bra that allows any nursing mother to get a perfect fit.”
|Best Sleep-in Nursing Bra: French Terry Racerback Kindred Bravely Nursing Sleep Maternity Bra|
“This is the go-to bra if you are looking for something you can sleep in.”
|Best Pumping Maternity Bra: Seamless Wireless Ultra-Comfort Momcozy Pregnancy Breastfeeding Maternity Sleeping Bralette|
“A go-to bra for the best pumping experience.”
|Best Skin-to-Skin Contact Nursing Bra: Seamless Body Silk Wireless Bravado Designs Maternity Nursing Bra|
“The seamless and wire-free design delivers the ultimate comfort and no-constriction experience during maternity and nursing.”
|Best Nursing Sports Bra: Seamless Wireless Racerback Playtex Women’s Nursing Maternity Crop YYCEUS|
“This is best designed to make breastfeeding easy!”
|Best Laced Nursing Bra: Lightly Padded Supportive Wireless Lace WonderMoms Nursing Bra|
“The lace details make you feel hot, confident, and beautiful irrespective of where you are!”
Though relatively new to the market, this bum lifter is a solid choice for those looking to increase their bottom.
Reviews of the 7 Best Spanx Nursing Bra
1. Best Overall: Bra-Llelujah Spanx Mama Nursing Bra
Many describe the Llelujah bra as every nursing mother’s dream bra.
- Machine washable (cold wash)
- Material: XS, S Body (72% nylon, 28% Elastane)& wing (89% nylon, 11% Elastane); M, L, XLBody (72% nylon, 28% Elastane)& wing (85% nylon, 15% Elastane)
- Removable pads
Spanx created this maternity and wrapped nursing sleep bra after consolidating the idea of a perfect bra from many women. It’s super comfortable, made of a fabric that grows as you do. Besides being functional, it’s modern.
For easy one-hand access, this nursing bra comes with clip-down cups. Its wrap-over detail helps to keep the opposite cup in place when breastfeeding your child. And thanks to the Racerback straps, you enjoy a comfortable stay-put fit, not forgetting the no-wire details that add to your comfort. You also cannot ignore the pad pocket that ensures the nursing pad doesn’t move inappropriately.
Alternatives That Rival Spanx: Since Spanx only offers one main line in the nursing bra market we have provided some great alternatives below.
2. Best Comfortable: Simply Sublime Seamless Kindred Bravely Wireless Nursing & Maternity Nursing Bra
It offers exclusive busty sizing and thanks as well to its adjustable hook and eye closure.
- Material: 93% nylon & 7% spandex for regular and 90% nylon & 10% spandex for busty
- Available in all sizes from small to XXL-Busty
- Not machine washable – hand washing only with gentle soap
If you are an F cup endlessly looking for a bra that provides additional support to your large bust, stretchy, yet not too stretchy, look no further.
With this nursing bra, you enjoy a snug, supportive fit. Its one-handed clip-down cups are perfect for allowing quick access during breastfeeding. Add these features to the ultra-soft fabric; this is the most comfortable nursing bra on the market. It’s so comfortable that you can sleep in it. It also looks amazing under all clothing, including t-shirts, maternity tops, and dresses.
3. Best Sleep-in Nursing Bra: French Terry Racerback Kindred Bravely Nursing Sleep Maternity Bra
It’s perfect for the first two or three months of breastfeeding when things are usually quite messy. It’s also ideal for lounging.
- Material: 91% Rayon & 9% spandex
- Machine cold wash
- Sizing: XS – XXL Busty; fitting band range from size 28 to 42 & cup sizes B
Its wireless construction allows supreme comfort with the pullover Racerback style creating what every woman wants in a bra –versatility.
The crossover design of this sleeping nursing bra allows the opposite bust to stay put during breastfeeding. A padding-free lounging bra, the French Terry Racerback Kindred Bravely Nursing Sleep Maternity Bra allows pulling aside for comfortable breastfeeding and skin-to-skin contact.
4. Best Pumping Maternity Bra: Seamless Wireless Ultra-Comfort Momcozy Pregnancy Breastfeeding Maternity Sleeping Bralette
Are you looking for the best hands-free pumping bra? This is the real deal. It is a comfortable and supportive bra.
- Material: 58.4% nylon & 41.6% spandex
- Clasp closure
What’s more, it comes with a one-step breastfeeding clasp and an ‘X’ structure to ensure that perfect fit. You’ll fall in love with the extended breastfeeding clasps and adjustable straps that allow you to breastfeed easily each time your baby is hungry.
5. Best Skin-to-Skin Contact Nursing Bra: Seamless Body Silk Wireless Bravado Designs Maternity Nursing Bra
It’s made of recycled nylon that allows a 360° balanced stretch to support a woman’s ever-changing body.
- Material: 70% recycled nylon; 20% virgin nylon & 10% spandex
- Machine washable
- Hook & eye closure
Comfortable compression is sufficiently taken care of by the presence of 3D-molded cups featuring knit-in support zones that also guarantee maximum lift and separation. Who said a breastfeeding mom shouldn’t pursue beautiful breasts with a natural shape? And for optimal skin-to-skin contact with your newborn, you’ll want to take advantage of the one-hand secure B nursing clips featuring full drop-away cups.
6. Best Nursing Sports Bra: Seamless Wireless Racerback Playtex Women’s Nursing Maternity Crop YYCEUS
It’s designed to make breastfeeding easy, courtesy of the front fully adjustable straps featuring quick strap clips.
- Hand wash only
- Material: 80% Cotton, 13% Nylon & 7% Elastane
- Pull-on closure
You don’t have to worry about investing in new nursing bras because it grows with your body. The smooth wireless foam cups and ultra-soft bands allow maximum comfort and support while nursing. It also has Racerback straps that keep your bra in place, besides adding wardrobe versatility.
Cons: It does have a wrap-over detail, but thankfully, it comes with other details that help keep the opposite bust in check while breastfeeding.
7. Best Laced Nursing Bra: Lightly Padded Supportive Wireless Lace WonderMoms Nursing Bra
While the nursing period is messy, you can still feel hot in this lightly padded wireless nursing bra.
- Machine wash – gentle wash
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Material: cotton & spandex
If you are used to the pull-down snags, you’ll be amazed at the front snap closure. It’s designed with comfort and additional support in mind. And when you’ve got to go back to work, this bra will help bring out your professionalism. Why wear a maternity sports bra to work when you can wear this WonderMoms bra?
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Nursing Bra
When choosing a nursing bra, you should give comfort top priority. A comfortable maternity and nursing bra goes a long way in avoiding sore nipples, engorgement, mastitis, and plugged milk ducts. By all means, go for a wireless nursing bra. Underwire nursing bras tend to press on your breasts as they grow, increasing inflammation and clogged ducts. Also, choose a comfortable nursing mom bra that extends with your breast.
Other Important Factors that Come into Play include;
Hooks – choose maternity and nursing bras that have extra hooks. Some feature six columns of adjustable hook and eye closures to fit your ever-changing size.
Padding and Lining – women with large breasts try to avoid lined and padded nursing bras, but they shouldn’t. Even the slightest lining and padding can help absorb milk leakage. However, consider buying removable breastfeeding pads if this doesn’t work well with you.
Type of Breastfeeding Bra – there are several types of breastfeeding bras at your disposal. Understand your needs and choose one that perfectly inclines to your goal. How you access the bust while breastfeeding is one-way classifying maternity and nursing bras. Check out below:
- Pull-down Styles – generally, these bras are bralette wrap styles with no clip closures. You pull them over your head. Naturally, the fabric is stretchy and easily pulled out for breastfeeding. A good sleeping nursing bra is a pull-down style for comfort and ease.
- Clip-down Cups – come with cups you can unclip during feeding or pumping. They are the best for skin-to-skin contact and pumping. Pick a nursing bra that you can easily unclip with one hand since you’ll be holding your baby with the other hand. Some clip-down bras have two separate clip-down layers, one for nursing and one for pumping.
Caring for Your Nursing Bra
Let’s begin with a simple question. How often should you wash your nursing bra? A general recommendation is to wash your maternity bra after every two wears – assuming it doesn’t have milk stains or sweat. So, inspect it upon removal for body odor or stains and decide if it deserves a wash even after one wear.
Some bras must strictly be hand washed. Whether to pre-soak or not it’s entirely up to you. Should you decide to soak your nursing bras ten minutes is okay. Use biodegradable detergents while staying clear of bleaching detergents or those with powerful enzymes as they can ruin your maternity bra. Remember to soak similar colors. You may squeeze your bras gently, but don’t wring or beat them. Rinse your bra twice or until the water becomes clear; press it gently to remove excess water, and then lay it flat or hang it in the shade to dry. (1)
For the machine washable maternity nursing bras, use cold or cool water. Set the cycle to gentle and use a mild detergent. Give light bras a light-colored wash and dark bras a dark-colored wash. Your washer should be on the delicate cycle mode. Once you are through, hang your bra out to dry. Never use heat to dry your nursing bras, as you could damage the fabric. (2)
You may also check plus size waist trainer product guide.
(1) biodegradable – http://cwmi.css.cornell.edu/
(2) detergent – https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/detergent
Again Our Top Pick
- Get the functional and super comfy yet modern and pretty Spanx Brallelujah Mama Nursing Bra.
- ULTIMATE COMFORT- Designed with a back made completely of hosiery, we engineered this style to be on of the softest, sumptuous bras in the SPANX brand assortment.
- SMOOTH- Brushed fabric for super-soft feel against sensitive skin.
- CLIP DOWN CUPS- Designed with clip down cups for easy, one-handed access (we know you're busy!).
- STAYS IN PLACE- Wrap-over detail keeps opposite cup in place while nursing and racerback straps ensure a stay put fit. Pad pocket allows a nursing pad to stay in place.
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let Us Improve This Article!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.