Shapewear is amazing at bringing out the best in women of all sizes. It is part of why we go through even the most stressful working days confidently. If you have Spanx shapewear in your wardrobe, good for you! Congratulations on making that commendable step. If you choose the right fit, your various pieces must be giving you some of the best moments of your life. One of the secrets of making the best out of your shapewear is giving it good care, including observing the following Spanx washing techniques.
In General, follow these steps to wash your Spanx shapewear.
Sort your shapewear pieces, put them in a sink or container, put a small portion of mild soap, and mix. Leave it for about 15-30 minutes – depending on the amount of dirt. Scrub the pieces, one at a time, gently. Use extra detergent to get rid of stubborn stains and keep scrubbing until the stain is gone. After washing, rinse it, squeeze it lightly to remove excess water, and leave it to air dry.
Washing your Spanx shapewear is easy. In this Guide Learn, the best way how to wash your Spanx shapewear and keep it in the best shape and avoid any shrinkage.
Do You Know How to Wash Spanx Shapewear?
Washing your Spanx high-waisted shapewear correctly keeps it in good shape for a long time and helps to prevent shrinkage. Spanx washing procedure is quite straightforward. But first things first, let’s learn about the fabrics that Spanx uses to make its body shapers.
Spanx Shapewear Fabrics
Spanx shapewear pieces are typically made from nylon, Elastane, and spandex. One of the most attractive attributes of nylon lies in its ability to wick moisture away from the body. The goal is to keep you as dry as possible, even when you sweat. Spanx loves spandex and Elastane because of the added elasticity they give every piece of shapewear. However, Spanx camis and tanks are made of polyester and cotton. Polyester is known for its ability to pull moisture away from the body. (1)
Spanx leggings are mostly made from nylon with bits of Elastane, spandex, and polyester. The same goes for Spanx activewear only that the ratios of the material differ. Spanx shorts and tops are made of lycra and nylon, with some shorts exhibiting Elastane and spandex.
How to Wash Spanx Shapewear Pro Tips
- You may wash different types of Spanx shapewear together as long as they have similar colors. For example, you can wash nude bodysuits with beige tanks. Don’t mix anything black with other colors as this may lead to color bleeding in the washing machine.
- While you can put the shapewear pieces into the washing machine, take note of the delicate pieces. With a mesh lingerie bag, you should protect the delicate ones, such as the Spanx bodysuits and panties. The bag keeps it like new.
- Use a gentle cleanser to get rid of sweat and other odors that might be present. Fabric softeners are unfit for Spanx shapewear. The chemicals prevent spandex and nylon from removing perspiration from your skin. Avoid bleach, although you may occasionally use non-chlorine bleach. Please stay clear of hot water as it can lead to nylon shrinkage over time. (2)
- Once you’ve sorted like colors and put the delicate shapewear pieces in mesh laundry bags, pour detergent into the machine and run a gentle cycle using cold water.
- Take the clothes out of the washing machine once the wash shapewear cycle is complete. Note that nylon gets ruined permanently in hot temperatures. Don’t put your shapewear pieces made of nylon in the dryer. If you must tumble it dry on low. The recommended norm is to air dry it. The best part is that air-drying doesn’t take long. Nylon is known to dry rather fast.
- To give your Spanx shapewear a long life, you may consider handwashing it instead of using the machine. Sort your shapewear pieces, put them in a sink or container, put a small portion of mild soap, and mix. Leave it for about 15-30 minutes – depending on the amount of dirt. Scrub the pieces, one at a time, gently. Use extra detergent to get rid of stubborn stains and keep scrubbing until the stain is gone. After washing, rinse it, squeeze it lightly to remove excess water, and leave it to air dry.
- Spanx has other types of leggings, apart from those that fall into the activewear category. You can safely wash Spanx leggings using the washing machine. If necessary, put it in a laundry bag. If you don’t use a laundry bag, put it in the machine inside out.
Spanx leggings come in multiple patterns. Remember to wash shapewear with like colors together – light colors together and dark colors together. Don’t mind washing two separate loads. It’s all for the greater good. Again, hand washing is gentler than machine washing and doesn’t take much of your time. If there is a stain in your Spanx leggings, presoak it for a little bit longer.
As you can see, it’s easy to wash Spanx high-waisted shapewear. For me, the take-home is that hand washing is gentler than machine washing. So, hand washing is the best for anyone who wants to stretch the life span of her shapewear pieces. The other take-home is the need to sort it out in like colors to avoid possible color bleeding in the machine or sink. Since most Spanx body shapers contain nylon, it’s not advisable to dry it in the machine; rather, air dries it. But if you must tumble dry on low.
Take a look at another related article below.
(1) nylon – https://www.britannica.com/science/nylon
(2) skin – https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/10978-skin
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let Us Improve This Article!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.