Many women wonder, “does sleeping with a waist trainer help you lose weight”, or can you sleep in a waist trainer? Many women decide to use a waist trainer to lose weight. There is a myth that a waist trainer specifically allows you to burn fat. Other women prefer to sleep with a waist trainer to achieve this same goal. A waist trainer alone is not related to fat loss.
Does sleeping with a waist trainer help lose weight?
According to some experts, it is not a completely safe way to lose weight. This accessory can be handy to model the figure in certain moments such as social events or when performing physical activity. It is not a suitable method since a waist trainer does not allow fat loss in itself.
The waist trainer is very suitable for the loss of liquids from the body through sweating. Fluid loss through sweating does not mean that the body is burning fat. It is an accessory that can allow compressing of the stomach. The woman or person wearing this garment will only be able to eat a smaller amount of food.
It can be a compliment when a person is following a diet and exercise routine. The person will adapt to any diet while losing weight, thanks to the exercise routine itself.
Does using a waist trainer while exercising help with weight loss?
A waist trainer does not provide weight loss. A waist trainer allows stylizing the figure when a woman is using it.
It is not a permanent change. A woman will see a much more pleasing figure that could lead to a placebo effect causing her to work out harder.
It should also be taken into consideration that there are some risks when using a waist trainer. Using a waist trainer for too long a period can produce organ damage. Compressed organs inside the body will be affected, as well as other body parts.
Some people may also notice problems with digestion and breathing difficulties. Medical issues can also arise due to the contraction of the organs in the body.
What are the side effects of using a waist trainer?
There are several side problems to take into consideration when using a waist trainer.
- Difficulty breathing: Some studies show that a waist trainer decreases the amount of air you can exhale and inhale in one minute. This is the same as saying that the decrease is in maximal voluntary ventilation. Other studies claim that the reduction could be between 30 and 60%.
- Weakened body: A physically active person has a strengthened core. This is because the body needs the core muscles to perform a variety of exercises. A waist trainer can weaken the core muscles to the detriment of other parts of the body. This could result in back pain and poor posture due to weakened terminals. (1)
- Weakened pelvic floor: People need time to heal the surrounding organs or pelvic floor muscles. This is important once women give birth. Poor-quality waist trainers can lead to further damage instead of aiding the recovery of all these areas.
- Infections or rashes: When manufacturers use inferior quality materials to make a waist trainer, allergic reactions may develop. Synthetic fabrics can cause skin irritation which in turn can lead to rashes or infections. Using a good quality waist trainer is highly recommended.
Using a waist trainer for prolonged periods can be beneficial. It is also necessary to follow an exercise routine and a nutritious and healthy diet.
To prevent any physical issues, you should avoid prolonged use of this accessory. You can get a healthy result without side effects by working out naturally without these accessories. If you have any questions, you can leave your comment below.
You may check our detailed Yianna Waist Trainer Review here! Until the next article!
(1) core muscles – https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a35307843/core-muscles/
(2) synthetic fiber – https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/materials-science/synthetic-fiber