It is a bad idea to sleep with a waist trainer for many health reasons. Many wonders, “is it bad to sleep with a waist trainer?” or “can you sleep in a waist trainer?” because they think it is an excellent way to lose weight. Most of the time, this can lead to health problems at different levels.
Can waist trainers cause harm?
A waist trainer is an accessory that is designed to be able to stylize a woman’s figure. It is a garment that can adjust to accompany weight loss. Improper use of the waist trainer can easily damage a woman’s body.
- Damaged body organs: One of the most apparent problems when using a waist trainer is damage to the internal organs. The waist trainer compresses a large part of the organs. This generates damage of varying severity to the bladder, kidneys, liver, and digestive system in general. This is more serious when people use a waist trainer for a prolonged period from the first few times.
- Gastrointestinal problems: Weight loss can be obtained because the digestive system is compressed, and the person has less desire to eat. However, the compression of the digestive system can produce different digestive inconveniences. This can worsen the heartburn delivering, in turn, a certain level of irritation from the stomach to the esophagus. A waist trainer can worsen the food intolerance that exists in a person. (1)
- Meralgia paresthetica: Wearing a waist trainer can damage the body’s nerves, just as tight clothing does. This problem hurts the lower back down to the groin area. On the outside of the thigh, the person may feel numbness, tingling, and burning. The solution is to remove the waist trainer. In other situations, some medication or even specific surgery is needed.
- Difficulty breathing: The woman will also feel difficulty breathing due to compression of the lungs. A waist trainer can decrease lung capacity by 30% to 60%. This is more serious when the woman does not provide adequate time for the body to become accustomed to the waist trainer.
- Weakening of the muscles: Another of the most common drawbacks is the general weakening of the muscles throughout the core. Most common is the weakening of the abdominals along with the weakening of the pelvic floor muscles. This can lead to various problems such as incontinence, prolapse, back pain, and poor posture.
Does waist training flatten your stomach when you sleep?
One of the most notable aspects of a waist trainer is optimizing the figure on some level. This is much more useful when doing physical activity and not when sleeping. The human body cannot fully recover when a woman uses a waist trainer while sleeping.
They are using a waist trainer while sleeping impairs the deep sleep stage. A woman can enjoy only a shallow sleep and wake up tired the next day. The internal organs will be too compressed, which generates different problems. (2)
Using a waist trainer to sleep is dangerous. A waist trainer can be used correctly in short periods and when doing some physical activity. Each person’s rest will not be impaired.
You may want to check the detailed review for Yianna waist here.
(1) digestive system – https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/7041-the-structure-and-function-of-the-digestive-system
(2) deep sleep stage – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325363
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let Us Improve This Article!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.